Piyush Goyal flags off Madhupur-Delhi Humsafar Express train
- Union Minister for Railways Piyush Goyal on Tuesday flagged off the inaugural run of Madhupur (Jharkhand)- Anand Vihar (Delhi) Humsafar Express.
- “Humsafar Express is a fully air-conditioned train and has 16 coaches. It is a step towards providing better travel facilities to the people of Jharkhand.” The Minister said.
Eight wonders of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO).
- India’s Statue of Unity of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel has been included in the list of eight wonders of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO).
- SCO comprises India, China, Pakistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
- The 182-metre-tall Statue of Unity is located near the Sardar Sarovar Dam on the river Narmada in Kevadiya, Gujarat.
- Other seven wonders of SCO: Daming Palace in China, Navruz Palace in Tajikistan, Mughals Heritage in Pakistan, Tamgaly Gorge in Kazakhstan, Po-i-Kalan Complex in Uzbekistan, The Golden Ring of Russia and Lahore, the Mughals heritage in Pakistan.
- 4th Armed Forces Veterans Day observed on January 14; the retirement day of Field Marshal KM Cariappa in 1953.
- Captain Tania Shergil to be 1st woman parade adjutant on Army Day Parade on January 15; parade adjutant is responsible for executing the parade.
- Himachal Pradesh: Tourism department sets Guinness Record by preparing largest quantity of Khichdi (1995 kg).
- Mizoram to celebrate Chapchar Kut festival on March 6.
- More girls than boys getting enrolled in govt. schools in 4-8 years age-group: 14th Annual Status of Education Report (ASER).
- Shiv Nadar University’s Dr Mihir Shah appointed Chairman of the Committee to draft National Water Policy (NWP).
- Michael Debabrata Patra appointed Deputy Governor of RBI for a period of three years.
- 4th Armed Forces Veterans Day observed on January 14; the retirement day of Field Marshal KM Cariappa in 1953. Field Marshal KM Cariappa was the first Indian Commander-in-Chief of the Indian Armed Forces.