SSC CHSL Exam Date 2019, apply online, previous year cutoff for tier-1-Staff Selection Commission or SSC is one of the most desirable, favorite organizations for the students preparing for Government exams in India. Every year more than thousands of vacancies are filled by candidates. Meritorious candidates then shortlisted by SSC to be employed in various Government departments.
As we know Government jobs are the most wanted as a career option in India and the government of India has a special focus on providing better facilities and services in every phase of the countrymen.
With the advent of the development plans to give maximum opportunities to young candidates seeking jobs, the government is going to create many vacancies in the upcoming years.
Many students prepares for the SSC CHSL Exam. The SSC CHSL exam is given by millions of candidates every year. It’s like a dream job for all the SSC and other government job aspirants.
Every year jobs are offered by way of conducting SSC CHSL exam for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations of the Government of India. SSC CHSL Exam date 2019 is previously declared in the SSC Calendar.
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) carries out the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL, 10+2) Exam for recruiting candidates for various posts like:
- Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants(PA/SA)
- Data Entry Operator (DEO).
- Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC).
- Court Clerk.
Click on the below link to For Registration or login.
Download the Official Notification of SSC CHSL Exam 2019 to get an idea about SSC CHSL Exam Date 2019 & many more.
SSC CHSL Exam 2019- Notification date
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released the Official Notification for SSC CHSL 2019-20 exam for the post of Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant (PA/SA) and Data Entry Operator(DEO) on 3rd December 2019. All candidates are advised to click on the link given above to download Official SSC CHSL 2019 Notification.
SSC CHSL Exam Date 2019
SSC has released the SSC CHSL Exam Date 2019 in the official notification. SSC CHSL exam date 2019 is also been given in the tentative schedule given in the yearly calendar. The Tier-1 computer-based online exam will be conducted from 16th to 27th March 2019. Please note down the important SSC CHSL Exam dates 2019:
|SSC CHSL Exam 2019 Notification||03rd December 2019|
|Online Application Starts from||03rd December 2019|
|Last date for Online Registration||10th January 2020|
|SSC CHSL Exam Tier-1 Admit Card||March 2019|
|SSC CHSL Exam 2019 Tier-1 date||16th to 27th March 2020 (CBE)|
|SSC CHSL Tier-2 (Descriptive Paper)||28th June 2020|
SSC CHSL exam 2019 Online Application date
The online application process for the SSC CHSL exam 2019 begins on 3rd December 2019. The last date to apply online SSC CHSL 2019 Exam is 10th January 2020.
SSC CHSL Salary Structure-In Hand Salary after joining
|Post Name||In-Hand Salary|
|Lower Division Clerk||18,777-22,411|
|Data Entry Operator||25,165-31,045|
Salary Structure: grade pay details:
|Post Name||Pay Band||Grade Pay||Gross Salary|
|LDC||PB -1 (5200-20200)||1900||22,392-26,026|
|DEO||PB -1 (5200-20200)||2400||29,340-35,220|
|Court Clerk||PB -1 (5200-20200)||1900||22,392-26,026|
|PA/SA||PB -1 (5200-20200)||2400||29,340-25,220|
SSC CHSL Vacancy
The total number of vacancies for the SSC CHSL exam 2019 will be released soon. Vacancies will be determined in due course. Updated vacancies will be uploaded on the official website of the SSC from time to time.
SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria
- A candidate must be either:
- (a) a citizen of India, or
- (b) a subject of Nepal, or
- (c) a subject of Bhutan, or
- (d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- (e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Age Eligibility :
18-27 years as on 01.01.2020 (Candidates born not before 2-08-1992 and not later than 1-08-2001.
|Code No.||Category||Permissible age relaxation|
|01||SC/ ST||5 years|
|03||Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||10 years|
|04||PwD + OBC||13 years|
|05||PwD + SC/ ST||15 years|
|09||Ex-Servicemen||03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date.|
- For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG): The candidates who are planning to appear in CHSK 2019 exam must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- For Data Entry Operator (DEO) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
SSC CHSL 2019 Exam Pattern
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer-Based (online)|
|Tier – II||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper mode|
|Tier – III||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test||Wherever Applicable|
Points to remember:
- SSC CHSL 2019 Tier 1 exam will be conducted in online mode.
- In tier 2 there will be a Descriptive paper of 100 marks within 60 minutes in pen and paper mode.
- Reduction in time limit for examination of Tier -I from 75 minutes to 60 minutes.
- There is no change in Tier III.
- There will be no Sectional Cut off.
SSC CHSL Exam 2019 Syllabus:
Tier-1: Examination Scheme
Duration: 1 Hour
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
|4||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25||50|
SSC CHSL Tier 1 Syllabus
English Language: Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/ Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting misspelled words, Idioms & Phrases, One-word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage.
General Intelligence: It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test will include questions on Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Trends, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation, Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Drawing inferences, Figural Classification, Punched hole/ pattern folding & unfolding, Semantic Series, Figural Pattern-folding and completion, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Coding and de-coding, Other sub-topics, if any Numerical operations.
Number Systems: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers.
Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.
Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.
Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin2 𝜃 + Cos2 𝜃=1, etc.,
Statistical Charts: Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart.
General Awareness: Questions are designed to test the candidate‟s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy, and scientific research.
- There will be a negative marking of 1/4 th marks. Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.5 marks in all sections.
- The exam duration is 75 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CHSL Tier 2 Syllabus
This Tier has a descriptive exam that is designed to test the written skills of the students in English/Hindi. The Paper would have an essay to be written in 200-250 words and Letter/Application writing of approximately 150-200 words. The minimum marks to qualify in Tier-II would be 33 percent. The performance in Tier-II would be incorporated for preparing merit. The best way to prepare for this tier is to read as many articles from various sources like magazines, novels, newspapers, etc. Besides this, you need to be well versed in the pattern of Letter and Application.
- The duration of the exam is 60 minutes’ carrying 100 marks.
- The level of questions is based on a 10th standard or higher secondary level.
- It is a qualifying exam stage
- The medium of paper should remain the same throughout, part of the paper in Hindi and Part in English will not be evaluated
- The duration of the exam is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
SSC CHSL Tier 3 Exam Syllabus
The Tier 3 of SSC CGL Exam 2019 has skill tests that are required for certain government posts.
Skill Test for Data Entry Operator(DEO):
- Typing speed for Data Entry operator is 8,000 (eight thousand) with Key Depressions per hour on Computer.
- The test will be of 15 minutes duration
Typing Test for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant LDCs and Court Clerks:
- Typing Test will be held in English or Hindi and candidates while registering for the Examination, will have to mention his/her choice/option for Skill Test Medium in the Application Form.
- In this, the typing test will be of qualifying in nature.
- It will be managed on the Computer, to be provided by the Commission or any agency approved by the Commission.
- Candidates who opt for English medium should possess a typing speed of 35 words per minute.
- Candidates who opt for Hindi medium should have a typing speed of 30 words per minute.
- The speed will be decided on the accuracy of typing on the Computer of a given text passage in 10 minutes.
- Visually Handicapped candidates (with 40% disability and above) will be given 30 minutes.
Note: After conducting a skill test or typing test, those candidates who qualify it, will be chosen based on their position in the merit list.
SSC CHSL 2019 Cut Off
To get an insight into SSC CHSL 2019 Cut-Off, we must have an idea about previous years cut-off. Have a look at the cut-off for SSC CHSL Tier I Exam 2018-19:
SSC CHSL 2018-19 TIER- 1 Cut-Off:
SSC CHSL 2019 Tier I Cut Off Marks: Post-Wise
Take a look at the category wise cut off for SSC CHSL Tier 1 written exam over the years from 2015 to 2018 for the post of LDC/PA etc. The table shows a comparison between cut-offs accurately:
- It can be seen that the competition in the CHSL examination is getting stronger year by year.
- The cut off in 2015 was 119 as compared to 143.5 in 2017. This shows an increase of 20.5%.
- Although in SSC CHSL 2018-19, there has been a dip in the cut off due to the difficulty level of exam and normalization.
- The cut off varies according to the category one applied from.
SSC CHSL 2019 Admit Card
Each candidate will be given by an e-admit card/hall ticket/call letter that can be downloaded from the official website of SSC. The admit card for the CHSL Tier-1 exam will be released first, followed by the admit card of SSC CHSL Tier-2 exam (Only those candidates who have already qualified SSC CHSL 2019 tier-1 exam).
We will update every useful information as soon as we get it.
Thank you for reading the article. Share if you liked this.
If you really want to crack this exam,
Don’t forget to attempt the “Daily Mind Booster Challenge” every day.